Sunday, March 31, 2013

Zodiac heads



2013 is the year of the snake according to the Chinese Zodiac. I happen to be a snake.
I've read that according to a Chinese legend, there is a reason for the order of the 12 animals in the 12 year cycle. The story goes that a race was held to cross a great river, and the order of the animals in the cycle was based upon their order in finishing the race. In this story, the snake compensated for not being the best swimmer by hitching a hidden ride on the horses hoof, and when the horse was just about to cross the finish line, jumping out, scaring the horse, and thus edging it out for sixth place.


I am wondering, am I of that kind?



Circle of Animals by Ai Weiwei










2 comments:

  1. Of course, a snake! I should have figured it out before... That explains many things. :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I bet now we can understand each other much better, can't we?

    ReplyDelete